DLP can’t prevent data loss if it is blind to traffic
Three challenges leave network-based DLP like Symantec Network Prevent unable to see the traffic they are supposed to inspect:
The tremendous growth of SSL-encrypted traffic has created a significant blind spot for network-based DLP. Appliance approaches like Symantec Network Prevent have limited resources and struggle to inspect sensitive data in encrypted traffic. What are you left with? Data protection gaps, or the burden of adding more costly appliances and additional IT complexity.
The growth of internet traffic is forcing appliance-based network DLP to always play catch up due to finite appliance resources. Inspecting inline, especially when it comes to SSL traffic, is simply not feasible. Why settle for TAP mode deployments that can monitor but not stop sensitive data from leaving in real time?
When relying on network DLP, the level of visibility and protection depends on where your users are located. They can (and do) bypass inspection when off network, connecting directly to cloud applications, and circumventing VPN. Wouldn’t you want all your policies applied consistently to all your users, regardless of where they are in the world?
DLP can be simple to deploy, easy to use!
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform offers a comprehensive security stack as a service with a fully integrated data loss prevention solution. With 100+ data centers worldwide that inspect all your traffic inline, Zscaler Cloud DLP detects and stops potential data loss originating from any user, anywhere in the world, at any time. Say goodbye to complex DLP deployments!
- The Zscaler platform natively inspects SSL traffic to eliminate the blind spots caused by encryption.
- You can restore visibility into all data leaving your network, even if it is hiding behind encrypted channels, and mitigate risk without buying additional costly SSL appliances.
- Unlimited capacity guarantees that your inspection requirements are future-proof, even if your demand grows.
- Zscaler customers are saving up to 70% by using direct internet connections instead of costly MPLS backhauling.
- User-based subscription licensing moves CAPEX to OPEX, enabling a predictable, cost-efficient model.
- Save time and money on deployment and administration. Because there’s no hardware or software to purchase or manage, Zscaler can be deployed in minutes.
Integrated DLP is the new enterprise DLP
Enterprise DLP solutions are notorious for being overly complex and costly—in a word, overkill.
Especially for organizations using only a small subset of enterprise DLP capabilities that address their basic use cases.
There’s a better way!
By using integrated DLP as part of a platform like Zscaler, enterprises get what they actually need and save money, time, and scarce resources. (1)
By 2021, according to Gartner, the number of organizations
using integrated DLP will rise from 50% to 90%.
Build an ecosystem of trusted data protection partners
Don’t settle for anything less than the best solution for your data protection requirements.
Cloud DLP integrates with your existing governance, risk, and compliance workflows, including Symantec on-premises DLP. Zscaler also offers closed-loop CASB integrations with Microsoft and McAfee to extend visibility and control to out-of-band applications.